Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Challenge

To all my Stylistas, Fashion Junkies, Spendaholics, and Shopping addicts out there: This is for you.

I writing this not only as a challenge for myself, but maybe to offer support to anyone out there who has an easier time cutting calories than cutting spending. Why is malnutrition way better than a Mal-nourished closet? I recently asked myself this very question. I'm almost 28, I've worked hard my entire life, I make decent money, and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. Excepted for two pairs of Louboutins, 3 LV purses, a Gucci Luggage set, practically the entire Marc Jacobs collection, and about 200 designer dresses. But today, I checked my bank balance, and I have 43 dollars to my name. Rent is due in less than two weeks and I barely have enough cash to pay for a tank of gas and a pack of gum.

Looking at me, you would never guess that I have such a hard time managing my money. I live in a fabulous one bedroom apartment in LA, I drive a luxury car, and I pretty much can wear a new outfit everyday for the next 30 years. My finance woes aren't as bad as some. One lucky thing, is I've paid off my student loans. Another, is I've restrained myself from opening credit cards, therefore, I live debt free. But, there still is no excuse for me scraping by each month. I'm rounding the bend to 30, and by then, I would like to have something to show for all my hard work. And by "something," I don't mean handbags, jeans, or DVF.

So, here it is: I am not going to spend money on anything unnecessary until December 2010. Now, that doesn't mean that once December hits I'm gonna go nuts. But by then, I will reassess my position, and hopefully make a new challenge. So if anyone is reads this, I hope that we can provide each other with support and faith.

Here's to making LESS spending MORE trendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment